Having bugs around the house is unavoidable. You get so used to their presence you just ignore them when they pass by. There are certain kinds of bugs, however, that you can’t just brush off — literally and figuratively. These kinds of bugs can be harmful to your home (or even your family) and should be properly dealt with as soon as possible.
Bedbugs can cause a range of conditions, which range from slight skin irritation to infected wounds. Chronic exposure to bed bugs can lead to sleep deprivation, a rise in stress levels, anxiety, and numerous diseases associated with infection.
1. Tiny red spots on your pillows, sheets or bed — bedbugs leave traces of blood when they feed evident on your stained pillows.
2. Musty coriander-like odors — this comes from the sweat glands of bedbugs. When your room starts smelling this way, it is a sure sign of infestation.
3. Bedbug shells and rust-like stains near the bed — these are traces of molting and blood-rich feces of bedbugs inside your bedroom.
Bedbug infestation is a serious problem; dealing with it yourself is a futile effort. You’ll need the help of an expert to properly address the problem. The only sure way to deal with bed bug infestation is with heat treatment — preferably done by a professional pest control service. Call specialized exterminators when you see the signs mentioned above.
Once you see signs of termite infestation, chances are they’ve already done a bit of damage. Though they are not as harmful to your family as bed bugs, termites do the most damage to your home. An undetected infestation can severely compromise the structure of a house and drastically lower its value. Signs of termite infestation include:
1. Small tube-like mud structures in your floors and walls.
2. Sawdust inside the house.
3. Hollowed tunnel-like portions in your walls
Bees and Wasps
Infestations of these kinds are easy to spot but can be dangerous if you attempt to deal with them on your own. Stings can be painful or even life-threatening (if you have an allergic reaction). These pests have a tendency to swarm when protecting their territory, so it’s best to be safe and call the experts.
Bug infestations can be dangerous and costly. Look for signs of infestation and immediately call a pest control service and keep your family and home safe from these pests.