- All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in .rtf or .doc format with the subject line “Literary Submission” or “Poetry Submission”. Please include your name, the name of the piece and the type of entry in the body of the email.
- Short stories should be no longer than 4,000 words (but remember rules were meant to be broken and don’t skip sending in a great short story because it’s 4,300 words).
- All works should be of your highest quality. Think over your story, grammar check it and make sure you re-read for errors before you submit. We’re looking for the best of the best.
- Content should be kept in the PG13 range, but once again keep in mind we’ll look at everything. If your story needs to be R to work and you think it’s the best thing you’ve ever written, submit it.
- All winners, finalists and editor’s choice winners receive: Publication in Line Zero.
- By submitting your piece to Line Zero you agree to print or online publication in the upcoming issue or at any time in the future.
- Writers retain all rights to their work. You do not have to ask permission to publish in other publications, blogs, anthologies, etc. However, we ask that you not submit to publishers who may require you to withdraw your submission during our contest period.
Literary Contest Guidelines
The deadline for the Winter issue is December 31, 2013